In this latest episode of AMN Drivetime, Babcox CEO Bill Babcox sits down with Dave Caracci, a longtime aftermarket veteran who currently serves as executive director of the Automotive Sales Council. While he racked up a stellar career as an aftermarket sales professional, Caracci has many skills he has cultivated over his long and successful career. Dave is a guy who can wield a wrench as deftly as he can a sales pitch.
From a young age, Caracci had his eyes on the end goal. He said he decided in the seventh grade that he was going to become a sports car racer. And so he did.
Caracci began his journey in the industry studying to be a diesel mechanic at a trade school. From there, he began building race engines and became fully immersed in the racing world. Eventually, his career in racing led to a job in sales and the rest is a very colorful and exciting history that you don’t want to miss.
During the podcast, Bill and Dave talk about:
- 02:49 The transition from racing to sales
- 05:42 Getting a “Business Degree” at the School of Life
- 13:48: The secret sauce to success in the aftermarket
- 22:31 Why Dave says this is the money business, not the auto parts business
- 24:30 Dave’s devotion to volunteering in the aftermarket
- 28:48 Tales from the road – both racing and business
- 40:44 Dave’s other passion – sailing
- 43:45 The ever-popular Lightning Round
AMN Drivetime is sponsored by Litens.