Stellantis N.V. has unveiled Dare Forward 2030, its strategic plan for the coming decade that the company says commits it to becoming the industry champion in the fight against climate change, reaching carbon net zero emissions by 2038.
Stellantis says these are Dare Forward 2030 Key Facts:
- Global BEV sales of 5 million units in 2030, reaching 100% of passenger car BEV sales mix in Europe and 50% passenger cars and light-duty trucks in the United States
- Employee community spans 170 nationalities across six regions
- Achieve 100% of the €5 billion (approx. $5.55 billion) annual cash merger synergies target by the end of 2024
- Maintain break-even point at less than 50% of consolidated shipments
- Lead industry with more than 75 BEVs, including the Jeep brand’s first 100% battery-electric SUV launching in early 2023, followed by the Ram ProMaster BEV later in 2023 and the Ram 1500 BEV pickup truck in 2024
- Specific U.S. product offensive of more than 25 all-new BEVs
- New car revenues from premium and luxury vehicle segments to increase fourfold
During the event, Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares said:
“Dare Forward 2030 inspires us to become so much more than we’ve ever been. We are expanding our vision, breaking the limits and embracing a new mindset, one that seeks to transform all facets of mobility for the betterment of our families, communities and the societies in which we operate.
Powered by our diversity, Stellantis leads the way the world moves by delivering innovative, clean, safe and affordable mobility solutions.
Stellantis will be the industry champion in climate change mitigation, becoming carbon net zero by 2038, with a 50% reduction by 2030. Taking a leadership role in decarbonization, as well as a decisive step forward in the circular economy, is our contribution to a sustainable future.
As part of that leadership, we are setting the course for 100% of sales in Europe and 50% of sales in the United States to be battery-electric vehicles (BEVs) by the end of this decade. We plan to have more than 75 BEVs and reach global annual BEV sales of 5 million vehicles by 2030.
Today, we are thrilled to present the Jeep brand’s first-ever fully electric SUV launching in early 2023 and a preview of the new Ram 1500 BEV pickup truck arriving in 2024. Our journey is fueled by a focus on innovation and engineering excellence that will put the latest technology into all our vehicles – from the most affordable to the high-performance and luxury – all offered through the extensive product portfolio of our incredible and unique house of brands.
The customer is at the heart of everything we do. We aim to be No. 1 in customer satisfaction for our products and services in every market. We will pay exceptional attention to the full end-to-end experience, working to eliminate any friction throughout the value chain. We will lead the commercial vehicle market with the most efficient portfolio of products and services, bringing exceptional solutions to our professional customers.
We are making Stellantis an extraordinary place to work and a magnet for people with the drive to make customers’ lives better, unleashing our full potential for the digital and electrified future.
We are adding more powerful engines to our strong global operations. Operational excellence, speed of execution and a break-even point of less than 50% of shipments will remain our hallmarks. We will double our net revenues by 2030 and sustain double-digit adjusted operating income margins throughout the decade.
We are proud of our rich history. It shows our grit, perseverance and agility. To this we add the mindset of entrepreneurs to deliver Dare Forward 2030.”