At this year’s Technology & Maintenance Council Annual Meeting in Orlando, Fla., and Work Truck Week summit in Indianapolis, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. showcased two new tires for the growing last-mile delivery sector: the Endurance RSA ULT and Fuel Max RSA ULT. The “ElectricDrive Ready” Endurance RSA ULTis Goodyear’s first tire equipped for the higher load capacity of electric commercial vehicles, the company noted.
Compatible with EV and gas-or diesel-powered work vehicles, the Endurance RSA ULT is Goodyear’s premium 17.5-inch all-position tire for last-mile delivery vehicles, pickup trucks and light trucks. The Endurance RSA ULT is equipped to handle the higher load capacities of EVs and is the first commercial tire stamped with Goodyear’s “ElectricDriveReady” designation or badge.
IntelliMax Rib Technology stiffens tire tread, resulting in longer tread life for more deliveries, according to the company. Additional features include:
- New tread geometry applied to the bottom of the grooves helps reduce stress and casing damage;
- Deep, open zig-zag tread pattern with stone-penetration protectors help enhance traction and resist stone retention on urban streets;
- Aggressive tread design with mud and snow (M+S) and three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) designations helps improve performance in challenging winter driving conditions; and
- Premium casing provides toughness and durability from curbing for maximum retread-ability.
Goodyear’s Endurance RSA 17.5-in. ULT will be available in Q2 2022 in215/75R17.5 size. Additional sizes will be added mid-2022.
Fuel Max RSA ULT is Goodyear’s premium 19.5-inch regional pickup and delivery-combination commercial tire. Balancing traction, fuel efficiency and mileage, the new tire features noted by Goodyear included:
- Goodyear’s Fuel Max Technology, a tread compound that offers low rolling resistance for better fuel efficiency, which helps deliver longer wear and lowers cost per mile;
- M+S and 3PMSF designations for all-season traction, including in the winter; and
- New enhanced casing providing durability and maximizing retread-ability.
Goodyear’s Fuel Max RSA 19.5-in. ULT is available now in sizes225/70R19.5 and 245/70R19.5 for regional, pickup and delivery, last-mile delivery, emergency response and electric utility applications.