ChargePoint Holdings Inc. has launched a comprehensive EV charging solution portfolio available for fleets.
The company says fleet management software combined with ChargePoint’s AC and DC fast charging solutions balance charging costs with operational readiness for light- to heavy-duty vehicles across depot, on-route and at-home charging.
The charging network provider outlined its portfolio offerings.
The charging hardware
The ChargePoint Express Plus (EXPP) DC fast charging platform consists of modular components (EXPP Power Block, EXPP Power Module and EXPP Power Link) that can be configured to meet depot requirements and scale.
- Each EXPP Power Block houses up to five self-contained EXPP Power Modules that can flexibly distribute up to 200 kW.
- EXPP Power Link dispenses power to EVs and supports up to two flexible cables compatible with all standard connector types.
- Connecting multiple EXPP Power Blocks optimizes power sharing flexibility and scalability.
- Multiple EXPP Power Links enable a mix of sequential and simultaneous charging.
- Cable management ensures EXPP Power Link stations can support various vehicle sizes and parking configurations while keeping cables safely off the ground. Mounting options include wall, pedestal and gantry.
- The ChargePoint Express Plus solution features native support for the Open ChargePoint Protocol (OCPP).
In addition to the Express Plus DC fast charging platform and existing CPF50 50-amp AC fleet charging solution, ChargePoint offers an 80-amp AC charging solution for fleets in North America. The Express Plus DC fast charging platform will be available for early access fleet customers in summer 2021 and the 80-amp AC charging solution will be available to early access customers in the fall of 2021.
The charging software
ChargePoint Fleet depot, mobility and home software solutions keep vehicles charged and ready with optimized fueling through dynamic depot charging optimization, easy public charging access and payment and comprehensive take-home vehicle charging management.
- Depot software manages energy to minimize infrastructure and fuel costs while ensuring operational readiness through telematics, scheduling, utility and vehicle integrations.
- Mobility software makes drivers able to find and pay for public charging using a variety of payment options including fuel cards.
- Home software enables fleets to offer home charging to drivers with take-home vehicles, managing the entire workflow of procurement, installation and fuel reimbursement.
- Application programming interfaces (APIs) and global partnerships across telematics, fuel cards, fleet and asset management systems complement ChargePoint solutions and ensure seamless integration with existing fleet operations.
Charging service and support
ChargePoint offers design/build services. The ChargePoint Assure Pro maintenance and management package is designed for essential fueling operations and includes:
- Technical support around the clock in local languages
- Proactive station monitoring and role-based alerts and notifications
- One-hour response, same-day dispatch and 24-hour resolution commitments
- Extended parts warranty, including labor and spares management