Bridgestone Americas (Bridgestone) has launched the all-new Bridgestone R192E all-position radial tire, specially designed to empower the adoption of electric buses. The company says the Bridgestone R192E tire offers ultra-low rolling resistance and high load capacity, increasing daily ranges and maximizing vehicle operation on a single charge while remaining compatible with all bus types.
The company says key features of the Bridgestone R192E tire include:
- Multiple gripping edges, cross-rib sipes and wide grooves for solid grip on wet roads.
- Groove fence to aid handling and grip in wet conditions while reducing noise for a quieter ride.
- Thick tread gauges and an advanced base tread compound for enhanced retreadability.
- All-steel casing and belts, a 21/32-in. tread depth and reinforced sidewalls to minimize tire damage and promote a long original life.
- 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) designation for snow traction performance.
Bridgestone says emissions regulations and the global depletion of oil reserves are also contributing to the growth of the electric commercial vehicle market, which is estimated to increase from 185,000 units in 2020 to nearly 680,000 units by 2026.