Pilot Travel Centers, General Motors and EVgo are opening the first 17 locations of their previously announced national electric vehicle fast charging network. Now available in 13 states, the network provides EV travelers access to the same amenities offered at existing Pilot and Flying J travel center locations.
Many locations throughout the network offer a variety of 24/7 amenities, products and services, including:
- Multiple fast-charging stalls at each site, with chargers capable of delivering up to 350kW;
- Canopies to help protect drivers from the elements during charging;
- Pull-through charging stalls to accommodate EV towing;
- Centrally located chargers in well-lit areas, monitored around the clock by onsite staff;
- Access to restrooms, food and beverage options, and free Wi-Fi;
- Plug and charge compatibility for a streamlined charging experience.
By the end of 2023, it is expected that at least 25 Pilot and Flying J travel centers will feature EV fast charging, with approximately 200 locations targeted by the end of 2024. In total, the network will include up to 2,000 high-power fast-charging stalls at up to 500 Pilot and Flying J travel centers across the U.S., connecting urban and rural communities. Expansion sites for this network have been strategically selected for continued electrification of highly traveled corridors in every corner of the nation, Pilot Travel Centers said.