After introducing the Chevrolet Silverado EV and Blazer EV this year, Chevrolet’s blitz of electric vehicle rollouts continues with the 2024 Equinox EV.
With a starting price of around $30,000 on the 1LT model, the Equinox EV helps to round out the company’s electrified portfolio that covers major segments, including full-size trucks (Silverado EV), midsize SUVs (Blazer EV) and compact SUVs (Bolt EV and Bolt EUV). It will be available with up to an available GM-estimated 300 miles of range on a full charge, the company says.
In addition to the Ultium-based propulsion technologies, features include a 17.7-inch-diagonal infotainment screen, a suite of standard and available driver-assistance technologies, and available “Super Cruise” hands-free driver assistance technology for compatible roads, when compared to the current Equinox.
Chevrolet says highlights include:
- Walk-up lighting with front and rear lighting animation standard and an available unique light bar on mid-and up-level LT and RS trims
- Standard 19-in. wheels, with available 20- and 21-in. wheels depending on the trim
- Available presence-based liftgate that can open hands-free when sensing the key fob is near the back of the vehicle
- Available two-tone white roof on LT and available black roof on RS
- Inside drivers will find 57 cubic feet of max cargo room with the rear seat folded
Chevrolet’s MyChevy app will be programmed to help locate and plot routes to charging stations. Customers also have access to Ultium Charge 360, GM’s holistic approach to EV charging, which offers information and access to more than 110,000 publicly available charging points in the U.S. and Canada.
Standard on the Equinox EV is a front-wheel-drive system with GM estimated 210 hp and 242 lb.-ft. of torque, with a 290 hp and 346 lb.-ft. torque eAWD system available.
One-Pedal Driving is standard and allows the Equinox EV to accelerate and slow to a full stop, using only the accelerator. It’s paired with regenerative braking, which can convert the kinetic energy of the vehicle’s forward momentum into electricity that’s stored in the battery pack to maximize the driving range.
Equinox EV charging technology includes:
- Standard 11.5 kW Level 2 (AC) charging, which can add up to 34 miles of range per hour of charging, per GM estimates
- 19.2 kW Level 2 (AC) charging is available on 3RS eAWD, which can add up to 51 miles of range per hour of charging, per GM estimates
- Standard DC fast-charging capability of up to 150 kW, which enables approximately 70 miles of range to be added in 10 minutes, per GM estimates
- GM covers the Equinox EV’s battery with an 8-year/100,000-mile limited warranty, in addition to the vehicle’s standard bumper-to-bumper coverage
The 2024 Chevrolet Equinox EV will be available in fall 2023, starting with a limited edition 2RS. The Equinox EV will be produced at GM’s Ramos Arizpe, Mexico, production facility.
|Trim||Drive System||GM-Estimated Range|
|2LT & 3LT||FWD (standard)|
|2RS & 3RS||FWD (standard)|