Cyber Switching is announcing its new EV charging station, the Cyber Charger C1. Built with commercial properties and multi-family homes in mind, the company said its 48A Level 2 charging station is cost-efficient and reliable, with an uptime of 99.97%.
With more than 1.7 million electric vehicles (EVs) in active usage within the United States, Cyber Switching said it is playing a role in developing the EV infrastructure to meet the rising demand. Under the 2021 bipartisan infrastructure law, federal infrastructure projects like EV chargers must be entirely made in America and have at least 55% of their construction materials obtained from domestic sources. Many companies are concerned that this will push up costs by 25-30% in order to get the made-in-America label for their products. However, Cyber Switching said its new C1 charger has over 55% of its materials sourced in America, while still being one of the most cost-efficient chargers on the market. Additionally, the C1 charger can be white labeled, so commercial properties have the option to customize as they like.
Cyber Switching said the Cyber Charger C1 design incorporates advanced and dynamic load management, ensuring a well-distributed and balanced impact on the existing electrical grid. In just a few minutes, the EV charger can connect with the AmpUp mobile app, a pre-commissioned EV software platform, so commercial properties can start making money almost immediately. The charger also offers a sleek new design featuring a user interface that offers real-time visibility and full control over power use, energy costs and station status.
The Cyber Charger C1 offers businesses:
- 99.97% charger uptime;
- Remote troubleshooting: Determine any error or malfunction remotely, within minutes;
- Interoperable software: Configure the OCPP-compliant charger with any OCPP platform;
- Cross-vehicle compatibility: Provide a charger that any EV on the market can use;
- Weather-resistant functioning: Run EV chargers any time of the year, thanks to the operating temperature range from -22 to 140° F;
- Manage the reservations, payment, and charging status for each charger all in a mobile app.