Through an exclusive license with Argonne National Laboratory, EVmatch has announced the summer 2023 launch of a handheld, universal adapter that will enable electric utilities, commercial property owners and residential homeowners to better leverage their non-networked Level 2 EV charging stations. The device will first be deployed in a frequency regulation program with an east coast utility provider.
The company says key features of the EVmatch Adapter include:
- Electricity metering and payment processing;
- Easy installation without an electrician;
- Customizable remote access control to optimize start/stop time, scheduling, and user access;
- Enables participation in utility demand response programs;
- Data collection for environmental credit generation, including carbon credits and low-carbon fuel standard credits.
The EVmatch Adapter will be available for pre-order in March 2023 and will begin commercial deliveries in summer 2023, exclusively through EVmatch.