BendPak has released its patent-pending new SL24EVT EV battery pack and powertrain lifting system, which the company says helps technicians safely and efficiently remove, service and install heavy battery packs from a range of electric vehicles. It also doubles as a powertrain lift for internal combustion vehicles.
The SL24EVT has a pallet-jack type steering wheel and oversized urethane casters engineered to provide low rolling resistance and maneuverability. It can elevate to more than 6 feet in less than 20 seconds. The lift table supports 2,400 lbs. on its 40×60-in. cushioned rubber platform.
The SL24EVT EV battery pack and powertrain lifting system is battery-powered. The company says it uses a maintenance-free 12V deep-cycle battery featuring proprietary, high-density grid technology precisely engineered to deliver outstanding performance. A fully automatic three-stage battery charger offers connect-and-forget operation to protect against overcharging. An integrated thermal sensor detects ambient temperature and adjusts the 15-amp output to prevent overcharging in hotter areas and undercharging in cold climates.
The unit also features full-length utility trays and 16 recessed mounting anchors in the lift platform surface.
Available add-ons include:
- Telescoping arm kit provides multi-configurable support of large, heavy and awkward vehicle components.
- Multi-point adapter safely supports components like axles, transfer cases and bumpers.
- Tilt deck makes it possible to tilt the table surface side-to-side and fore and aft for more precise alignment of electric batteries, engine and drivetrain assemblies, fuel tanks and more.
- Adjustable Accu-Point support fixtures are independently adjustable arms and can be adapted to nearly any transmission, drivetrain or vehicle subframe shape.
- The universal deck mount kit features a center support pin that adapts to virtually any competitive transmission jack heads, drivetrain adapters or fuel tank supports.